Egg-Laying Hen Farm 360
CLICK AND DRAG ON THE VIDEO TO LOOK AROUND
- This is a “free range” egg farm, but these hens are far from free. They know only concrete and metal, and beneath the grating under their feet sits piles of urine and manure.
- Dead hens rot among the living, spreading their disease.
- All of these hens’ brothers were killed the day they were born, because to the egg industry, they are worthless.
- In the U.S., no government-regulated standards exist for “free range” farms. Hens may go outside for just minutes a day. Some birds never even get outdoors, because access is blocked by the crowds.
- The crowding and filth create a breeding ground for bacteria and parasites, making both birds and humans sick.
- This is cruel, and it’s happening right now to hens all over the world. Help end their suffering by choosing plant-based alternatives to eggs and other animal products. Together, we can stop farm cruelty.
Did You Know…?
Chickens are social animals with complex communication skills; they have at least 24 different sounds in their vocabulary, and exhibit empathy toward others.
Chickens are smarter than many dogs and cats, and even smarter than average 4-year-old human children!
Chickens remember people, places and objects. In some cases, chickens have even remembered a human friend after months without seeing them.
About Last Chance for Animals
Last Chance for Animals (LCA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to eliminating animal exploitation through education, investigations, legislation, and public awareness campaigns. Since its formation in 1984, LCA has succeeded as one of the nation’s pioneer animal advocacy groups. LCA’s educational and public outreach programs have empowered the public to make positive changes for animals in their communities. For more information, please visit: http://www.lcanimal.org
Copyright © 2016 Last Chance for Animals. All Rights Reserved.